Oxygen III Narrowband Filter – 2″
- The 2″ OIII narrowband filter isolates the two doubly-ionized oxygen lines (496 and 501 nm lines)
- Filter has ultra-hard, vacuum-deposited coating
- Eliminates un-natural colored halos surrounding bright stars
Available on backorder
- Free domestic shipping
- 7 day return policy on UAE orders.
- Discounted intl. shipping rates. Request a Quote
The 2″ OIII narrowband filter isolates just the two doubly-ionized oxygen lines (496 and 501nm lines) emitted by planetary and emission nebulae, while blocking the rest of the overall spectrum of light. The result is extreme contrast between the black sky background and the faint photons of OIII light needed for detailed views of the Veil, Ring, Dumbbell, Crescent and Orion nebulae, among other objects.
Each filter has an ultra hard, vacuum-deposited coating carefully designed to block all of the visual spectrum ranging from 400 to 700nm This eliminates the un-natural colored halos surrounding bright stars common with O III filters of less sophisticated coating technology.
|Dimensions||8.5 × 8 × 3 cm|