Regal ED 8×42 Roof Prism Binoculars
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) objective lenses provide high resolution, high contrast images that are virtually free of optical defects such as chromatic aberration (color fringing)
- Flat field technology ensures level, edge-to-edge image clarity
- Fully multi-coated optics deliver maximum light transmission throughout the optical path.
- Phase and dielectric coated BaK-4 prisms produce vivid, true-to-life colors.
- Eyeglass friendly – generous eye relief and sturdy, twist-up eyecups with multiple stops
- Well-balanced, ergonomic industrial design
- 4.9’ close focus
- Tripod adaptable
Available on backorder
- Free domestic shipping
- 7 day return policy on UAE orders.
- Discounted intl. shipping rates. Request a Quote
Regal ED® Flat Field Binoculars build on the success of Celestron’s customer-favorite Regal ED® spotting scope line. With both ED objective lenses and flat field lenses, these binoculars provide sharp, expansive views and of a high degree of accurate color resolution.
As Celestron’s new premiere line of performance-level field binoculars, the Regal ED® Flat Field Binoculars are designed with the most selective of all binocular users in mind: birders. From their vivid, true-to-life color resolution, expansive fields of view for ease of locating fast moving objects, and 4.9 foot close focus distance to get an even closer look when a subject suddenly pops out of the bushes and right on the trail in front of you, the Regal ED® binoculars provide everything needed for the most selective of binocular users – which ensures that they’re up to the challenge across a wide-range of other activities.
ED Glass Objective Lenses
Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass virtually eliminates chromatic aberration, also known as color fringing, a distracting visual effect produced when different wavelengths of light disperse while transiting optical lenses. By reducing dispersion, the Regal® ED binoculars provide images with outstanding, true-to-life color. But not all ED binoculars are created equal. Celestron’s high quality ED glass objective lenses deliver visibly brighter, sharper images compared to non-ED binoculars. The difference is especially apparent in low light conditions, such as at dawn or dusk.
|Objective Lens Diameter:||42mm (1.65″)|
|Angular Field of View:||8.0°|
|Linear Field of View (@1000yds / @1000m):||420 ft (140 m)|
|Exit Pupil:||5.2mm (.2″)|
|Eye Relief:||22.5mm (.88″)|
|Close Focus:||4.9 ft (1.5 m)|
|Interpupillary Distance (max):||74mm (2.91″)|
|Interpupillary Distance (min):||56mm (2.20″)|
|Diopter Adjustment Range:||±2|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude:||Ideal: 10.62 | Moderate: 9.62 | Poor: 8.62|
|Lens Coatings:||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Prism Glass (Type):||BaK-4|
|Prism Coating:||Phase and Dialectric Coated|
|Weight:||27.1 oz (768 g)|
|Carrying Case:||Black woven cloth covered hard case, zipper closure, with detachable, adjustable shoulder strap|
|Dimensions:||152mm x 130mm x 57mm (5.9″ x 5.1″ x 2.2″)|
|Included Items:||Carrying Case | Objective Lens and eyepiece Caps | Neck Strap | Carrying Harness |Lens Cloth | Quick Start Guide|
|Dimensions||23 × 21.5 × 8.5 cm|