Variable Polarizing Eyepiece Filter, 1.25″
- A customizable way to reduce brightness and glare on the brightest celestial objects like the Moon, Venus, and bright double stars
- Adjust the level of light transmission from 1-40% for the best possible view for your specific target and current viewing conditions
- Simple to use—just rotate filter’s lower ring to adjust brightness
- Threads onto any Celestron 1.25” eyepiece
Available on backorder
- Free domestic shipping
- 7 day return policy on UAE orders.
- Discounted intl. shipping rates. Request a Quote
When you want to selectively reduce the brightness of celestial objects for a customized view, the Variable Polarizing Filter is the perfect choice. Unlike regular Moon Filters and Neutral Density Filters, the level of brightness can be reduced to just 1% or as much as 40%. To make the adjustment, simply rotate the filter’s lower ring and the image gets brighter or dimmer.
This filter does not alter the color of the object you’re observing, making it a great choice for astroimaging, especially when imaging the surface of the Moon. By reducing the brightness, lunar details become more pronounced and defined. This filter can also be used to darken the blue-sky background when hunting for planets like Venus or Jupiter in the daylight, making the planet stand out from the background.
The Variable Polarizing filter threads onto any Celestron 1.25” eyepiece. Lastly, the filter can be threaded on both sides so you can stack it with other filters, such as color or neutral density, if needed.
|Size diameter:||31.75mm (1.25″)|
|Cell Housing:||Aluminum cell housing|
|Light Transmission:||Adjustable for large and small telescopes|
|Dimensions Filter only:||31.4mm x 22.4mm (1.23″ x .88″)|
|Dimensions Case only:||68mm x 28mm (2.67″ x 1.1″)|
|Dimensions Packaging:||72mm x 71mm x 33mm (2.83″ x 2.8″ x 1.3″)|
|Weight Filter only:||0.56 oz (16 g)|
|Weight Case only:||0.91 oz (26 g)|
|Total Package Weight:||1.7 oz (50 g)|